You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Knitting’ category.
Calendar of Hope:
Job Hunting for Knitters & Crafters:
- Crafters searching for work group (Ravelry)
- Job Market group (Ravelry)
- Job Hunting Tricks for a Web 2.0 World
- Knitchat group on Ravelry
- Knitalong details (Yummy Mummy)
- How to use Google + Hangouts
- Google + Hangout Plug In
Scale Mitts & Hanging Out:
Kollage Yarn Review:
Scale Mitt in progress in Malabrigo Rios
This one gets us ready for the Holiday Knitting Effort.
Happy Knits & Melinda Vermeer:
- Happy Knits Onine
- Melinda Vermeer’s Website
- Melinda Vermeer’s Designs in Knit Picks IDP
- Melinda’s Ravelry Group
Holiday Knitting Tips:
- Koolhas Hat
- Turn a Square Hat
- Laundry soaps for knitted garments: Soak & Eucalan
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Comfy Cowl or Woobie
- Provisional Cast On (Crochet) Video
- Kitchner Stitch Video
- Debbie Bliss Paloma
Halloween 2011. That’s me in the red deer mask in the back. Sorry the photo of the Owls sweater isn’t that sharp. The Halloween Party Bus theme this year was Red Devils.
This one is all about Shetland Sheep! I had a long conversation with Tracy & Tom of McTavish Shetlands.
- McTavish Shetlands Blog
- McTavish Shetlands Homepage
- Picasa Photo Album of photos from my trip. Apologies for some of the photos being blurry. I’m a podcaster not a photographer, Jim!
- More about Shetland sheep from Jamieson & Smith
- Oregon Wool - perfect place to buy local Oregon Fiber
- Illustrated History of Needlework Tools by Gay Ann Rodgers
- Knitting Sheaths & Belts at the Old and Interesting website
- Demo of how to knit with one hand (video). This is most likely how people used the knitting sheaths.
Music Featured: Ease on Down the Road
More on knitting history and a new small business that helps other small businesses (including Local Yarn Stores (LYSs)) thrive.
- Lanesplitter Skirt
- Poems Yarn
- Fibre Company Canopy Yarn
- The Naked Sheep Knit Shop
- Article: Ravelry Beats Facebook
- Happy Knits (website)
- Happy Knits (raverly group)
- Ravelry Group on Sock Summit
- Little Red in the City
- Knitting America
- Monmouth Cap
- Short History of the Monmouth Cap
- Ryeland Sheep
- Donna Druchunas
- Arctic Lace
- Successful Lace Knitting
- Oregon Live Knitting Blog
- Sock Summit Walking Tour Thread (Ravelry)
- Map to Happy Knits
Correction: I mentioned the Inuit people in referencing the “Arctic Lace” book. This is incorrect as the book covers the traditions of the Native or Indigenous Peoples of Alaska. Inuit actually refers to the Northern Native Peoples in Canada & Greenland.
Lanesplitter Skirt Panel
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
This is the one where I knit socks, socks and more socks… and try the Starmore sweater one more time!
Alice Starmore’s Lochinver
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene June 24-26
Black Sheep Bingo
Contest Thread - Help me figure out what to do with this yarn!
Information about the No Po informal walking tour (Ravelry) – I’ll be updating this more…
Yarns on the left are some of my handdyed sockyarns
This one is all about finishing by blocking and getting ready for the Sock Summit.
Show note links:
- Sublime Mandarin (Actually I messed up the version with the sleeves is called Siam)
- Sock Summit site
- Sock Summit group/forums on Ravelry
- Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways for Sock Knitters- Book I.
- All the lovely places on No Po’s Mississippi Avenue
- The official Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber group in Ravelry
- Painted Turtle Afghan
- BUHBYE’s Tropical Fruit Punch Afghan
- PuffyGriffinClaw’s Wine and Cashmere
- How to participate in a #knitchat
- Knitting with ramen noodles
- Make1Inc (Vashte’s) pattern website.
Contest: Help me find a way to use this yarn. Post your suggestions at the Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber forum in Ravelry
We’re both so ready for Spring weather and a repreive from the continuous downpour that has innundated the Northwest this year.
On & Off the Needles:
- Baby Bunny Beanie Baby Hat
- Tweed Baby Blanket
- Shawl Collared Cowl
- Pembroke Baby Vest Baby to Toddler Socks
- Doughnut Toy
- Two Seam Cube Toy (pdf)
- Honeycomb Skirt from Tunisian Crochet
- Scottish Highland Knits
- Cellini Yarn from Artfibers
Hooray for Spring Knitting:
Twitter Chat or #knitchat
- #knitchat is a 1 hour Twitter chat that happens every Thursday night from 6:30-7:30 PST
- To follow and participate in #knitchat simply follow and tweet the hashtag “twitterchat”
- Shout out and thanks to participants of #knitchat @yarnsalad, @McDGG, @MrsKniterati
- Paper.li the Online Twitter & Facebook Paper http://paper.li/ – my version is called the Natknit Daily
Blue Skies – Betty Hutton
So I did fall off wagon. But I am valiantly getting back on and starting all over again.
- Shetland Trader - Gudrun Johnston
- Quince and Company (yarns)
- Persistent Illusion PDX LYS Map: You can find links to all the yarn stores mentioned in this podcast on this site. Thank you, Judy Becker, for putting this together for us.
- Alpaca Lace:
- Yarnia Charrierana yarn
- Yarnia Video
- Urban Fiber Arts
- Stitchjones gorgeous and color-popping yarns and fiber
- Cropped Crochet Cardigan
- #knitchat details….
- Bettna Jacket (posted by KnitnRide on Flickr)
- Knitting Pure and Simple Hoodie
- Leyfi Pullover by Rosemary Hill
- Lana Seta -Ooops I said…Lana Seta (Ravelry Link)
Photo from the Morguefile: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/214462
Sorry Explicit this time because I used the S-bomb…. but only once.
This one is all about art.
Music & Sound Featured:
- Istanbul – Ella Fitzgerald & Bing Crosby
- Classic Routine – Jack Benny and Mel Blanc
- Ooop Shoop - Gosprom
- La Cumparsita - Carlos Molina
Giant Knitting (Art):
FiberCamp Boston 2011:
- What is an Unconference?
- FiberCamp Homepage
- Ravelry Thread
- Session Page 2011 – you must request access to view.
Yarn Lust Confessions:
- The Illusionist - Animated Film (2010)
My Scrumble (Freeform Crochet)