You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Oregon’ category.
This one is all about Shetland Sheep! I had a long conversation with Tracy & Tom of McTavish Shetlands.
- McTavish Shetlands Blog
- McTavish Shetlands Homepage
- Picasa Photo Album of photos from my trip. Apologies for some of the photos being blurry. I’m a podcaster not a photographer, Jim!
- More about Shetland sheep from Jamieson & Smith
- Oregon Wool - perfect place to buy local Oregon Fiber
- Illustrated History of Needlework Tools by Gay Ann Rodgers
- Knitting Sheaths & Belts at the Old and Interesting website
- Demo of how to knit with one hand (video). This is most likely how people used the knitting sheaths.
Music Featured: Ease on Down the Road
It’s all about the Sock Summit 2011, but it’s not just about knitting socks. Sock Summit was one heck of a big party for knitters, spinners and fiber enthusiasts.
Rachel & Natale talk at the sock summit
- Sock Summit
- Craft Lit Podcast
- Petite Purls
- Sweet Georgia Yarns Pomegranate
- Sierra Summer Lace Cardigan Wrap (PDF)
- World’s Largest Sock
- Portland Yarn Store List
Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Director Park Downtown Portland OR
- Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Shop Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Sweet Georgia’s Ravelry Group
- Felecia’s Twitter ID: @HeySweetGeorgia
About Knitting & Spinning with Silk Hankies
Bethany Hendrickson and Fleece to Foot
PurpleYarnQueen’s hand spun sock yarn in all it’s purple glory!
Me waiting in the sun by the Bell before the No Po walking trek
The long line during the opening day of the Marketplace
More on knitting history and a new small business that helps other small businesses (including Local Yarn Stores (LYSs)) thrive.
- Lanesplitter Skirt
- Poems Yarn
- Fibre Company Canopy Yarn
- The Naked Sheep Knit Shop
- Article: Ravelry Beats Facebook
- Happy Knits (website)
- Happy Knits (raverly group)
- Ravelry Group on Sock Summit
- Little Red in the City
- Knitting America
- Monmouth Cap
- Short History of the Monmouth Cap
- Ryeland Sheep
- Donna Druchunas
- Arctic Lace
- Successful Lace Knitting
- Oregon Live Knitting Blog
- Sock Summit Walking Tour Thread (Ravelry)
- Map to Happy Knits
Correction: I mentioned the Inuit people in referencing the “Arctic Lace” book. This is incorrect as the book covers the traditions of the Native or Indigenous Peoples of Alaska. Inuit actually refers to the Northern Native Peoples in Canada & Greenland.
Lanesplitter Skirt Panel
Report out from 2011′s Blacksheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon. I find the wheel of my dreams. A little about our lovely national holiday and knitting during the American Revolutionary War.
Bugle Rag Call – Glen Miller
McTavish Farms (Contact Tom for more info on McTavish Wheelworks and his fabulous spinning wheels)
Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
StitchJones (On Etsy)
Dudelace Group on Ravelry
Good Reads Book List on US History
No Idle Hands
Monmouth Hat Pattern
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
This is the one where I knit socks, socks and more socks… and try the Starmore sweater one more time!
Alice Starmore’s Lochinver
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene June 24-26
Black Sheep Bingo
Contest Thread - Help me figure out what to do with this yarn!
Information about the No Po informal walking tour (Ravelry) – I’ll be updating this more…
In this episode Natalie tells all about her day at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival as well as her spinning adventures during the month of April.
- Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival
- Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
- Tussah Silk
- Artfibers Tantra
- A Verb for Keeping Warm
- Duncan Fiber Enterprises
- Cherry Hill Alpacas
- Sincere Sheep
- Pico Accaurdi Dyeworks
- Falkland Wool
- Black Sheep Gathering
- Sock Summit
- Blue Faced Leicester
- Frabjous Fibers (didn’t purchase from the festival)
- Imperial Stock Ranch (fibers)
We’re both so ready for Spring weather and a repreive from the continuous downpour that has innundated the Northwest this year.
On & Off the Needles:
- Baby Bunny Beanie Baby Hat
- Tweed Baby Blanket
- Shawl Collared Cowl
- Pembroke Baby Vest Baby to Toddler Socks
- Doughnut Toy
- Two Seam Cube Toy (pdf)
- Honeycomb Skirt from Tunisian Crochet
- Scottish Highland Knits
- Cellini Yarn from Artfibers
Hooray for Spring Knitting:
Twitter Chat or #knitchat
- #knitchat is a 1 hour Twitter chat that happens every Thursday night from 6:30-7:30 PST
- To follow and participate in #knitchat simply follow and tweet the hashtag “twitterchat”
- Shout out and thanks to participants of #knitchat @yarnsalad, @McDGG, @MrsKniterati
- Paper.li the Online Twitter & Facebook Paper http://paper.li/ – my version is called the Natknit Daily
Blue Skies – Betty Hutton
So I did fall off wagon. But I am valiantly getting back on and starting all over again.
- Shetland Trader - Gudrun Johnston
- Quince and Company (yarns)
- Persistent Illusion PDX LYS Map: You can find links to all the yarn stores mentioned in this podcast on this site. Thank you, Judy Becker, for putting this together for us.
- Alpaca Lace:
- Yarnia Charrierana yarn
- Yarnia Video
- Urban Fiber Arts
- Stitchjones gorgeous and color-popping yarns and fiber
- Cropped Crochet Cardigan
- #knitchat details….
- Bettna Jacket (posted by KnitnRide on Flickr)
- Knitting Pure and Simple Hoodie
- Leyfi Pullover by Rosemary Hill
- Lana Seta -Ooops I said…Lana Seta (Ravelry Link)
Photo from the Morguefile: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/214462
If I Knew You were coming I’d have Baked a Cake - Gracie Fields
Bongo Ride – Jon Rauhouse
Beamish’s Goat - Folksong played by Doug Goodhart
I’m no Superman – Lazlo Bane
Rigamaroles & Ragamuffins – Elinor Kapp
Simple Times – Amy Sedaris
Barnyard in Your Backyard – Edited by Gail Damerow