In this episode:
- Rachel and Natalie introduce themselves and ponder on why they ‘craft’
- Natalie talks about pop culture and knitting and discovers that she is a “Sweater Knitter” above all else
- Rachel talks about replacing those pesky nupps with beads and tackling sleeves two at a time.
This is our first episode so we’re just working out the bumps. I nearly tore my hair out when we lost about 15 minutes of really good audio because the batteries in my Zoom recorder died out. As Rachel said, “You live and learn.”
In future episodes we want to do at least one feature segment from the following subjects:
- Product Obsession (Review)
- Crochet Chat
- Stash Busters
- DIY Nation
- Craft Philosophy
- Pop Culture Knits
We will probably plan more segments but we thought we’d stop for now with those.
Show notes and links:
- Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival September 26-27
- Angel Hair – Knitting in the Movies list
- Erika Knight’s Classic Knits
- Kauni Effektgarn Yarn
- Datura Fiber Arts (Post on their sock yarns on my blog). If you’re not in Portland, OR, you can check out their gorgeous yarns on their Etsy site here: www.daturafiberarts.etsy.com. If you’re in Portland you can buy their yarns at the Naked Sheep Knitshop in North Portland.
- Swallow Tail Shawl (.pdf)
- Dava Bead and Trade
- Girl’s Bike – Eric & Ryan Kilkenny
- Anything Goes – Cole Porter
More about us:
Both Rachel and I are bloggers.
- Natalie’s blog =I am Addicted (Ravelry ID: natknit)
- Rachel’s blog = Pen and Notebook (Ravelry ID: RachelP)