You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Crochet’ category.
Calendar of Hope:
Job Hunting for Knitters & Crafters:
- Crafters searching for work group (Ravelry)
- Job Market group (Ravelry)
- Job Hunting Tricks for a Web 2.0 World
- Knitchat group on Ravelry
- Knitalong details (Yummy Mummy)
- How to use Google + Hangouts
- Google + Hangout Plug In
Scale Mitts & Hanging Out:
Kollage Yarn Review:
Scale Mitt in progress in Malabrigo Rios
This one is all about Quick Christmas Gifts and the Regency Period.
Quick Christmas Gifts
On/Off the needles
More on knitting history and a new small business that helps other small businesses (including Local Yarn Stores (LYSs)) thrive.
- Lanesplitter Skirt
- Poems Yarn
- Fibre Company Canopy Yarn
- The Naked Sheep Knit Shop
- Article: Ravelry Beats Facebook
- Happy Knits (website)
- Happy Knits (raverly group)
- Ravelry Group on Sock Summit
- Little Red in the City
- Knitting America
- Monmouth Cap
- Short History of the Monmouth Cap
- Ryeland Sheep
- Donna Druchunas
- Arctic Lace
- Successful Lace Knitting
- Oregon Live Knitting Blog
- Sock Summit Walking Tour Thread (Ravelry)
- Map to Happy Knits
Correction: I mentioned the Inuit people in referencing the “Arctic Lace” book. This is incorrect as the book covers the traditions of the Native or Indigenous Peoples of Alaska. Inuit actually refers to the Northern Native Peoples in Canada & Greenland.
Lanesplitter Skirt Panel
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
Sorry Explicit this time because I used the S-bomb…. but only once.
This one is all about art.
Music & Sound Featured:
- Istanbul – Ella Fitzgerald & Bing Crosby
- Classic Routine – Jack Benny and Mel Blanc
- Ooop Shoop – Gosprom
- La Cumparsita – Carlos Molina
Giant Knitting (Art):
FiberCamp Boston 2011:
- What is an Unconference?
- FiberCamp Homepage
- Ravelry Thread
- Session Page 2011 – you must request access to view.
Yarn Lust Confessions:
- The Illusionist – Animated Film (2010)
My Scrumble (Freeform Crochet)
Winter is here or in the Pacific Northwest we call it Wetter. I might as well call this one the Burl Ives Classic Episode, but I was have a pastblast of Christmas media the night before I recorded this.
- ChartGen – knitting chart generator
- Vogue Knitting Holiday 2010 (cover & fashion preview)
- Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Percentage System (from Wikipedia)
- Rarest Breed Sheep
- Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber Forum (on Ravelry) I’ll be posting the Softness Debate thread there.
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (from Crochet Spot… see I told you it looks like knitting)
- Lily Chin’s Couture Crochet Workshop – a great book that walks you through advanced shaping techniques in crochet. Yes, you can make nice looking fitted garments with crochet.)
- Island of Misfit Toys (Burl Ives and others)
- Typewriter Song (?)
- Marshmallow World (Brenda Lee)
- Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy (Tchaikovsky)
- You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch (Burl Ives)
- Put One Foot in Front of the Other (Burl Ives & Mickey Rooney)
Originally released on 8/9/10
Just a note dear listener… This is Natalie. Thank you for bearing with my learning curve. I’ve been experimenting with changing the format and delivery of the podcast. As ever I and we appreciate any feedback you have to give. 🙂 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
De Show Notes:
- Aran Sweater Design – Janet Szabo
- Traditional Aran Kntting – by Shelagh (pronounced Shee- Lah) Hollingworth
- Harmony 220 Aran Stitch Patterns (sorry it was not the Harmony Guide to Knitting Cables) … blame my weary head.
Link to my blog post on the old grey sweater that like at the bottom of my “Bin of Shame/UFO’s.”
Crochet Book Review – Crochet So Fine – Krisitn Omdahl
- Six Lessons from Madam La Zonga – Jimmy Dorsey
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schon – Benny Goodman/Martha Tilton (1937 version)
- A Noisless Patient Spider by Emily Dickinson (reading by Peter Yearsley)
- Remember Melody – Torley ( from Solo 7)
- Spiderman – The Astroglides (from the Surf Guitar Compilation)
- A few days left to enter the contest to win Yarnia or handspun yarn in Episode 8
- I’m natknit and Rachel is RachelP on Ravelry
- I’m on Twitter – My handle is nlkilkenny
* There is another version of Stainless Steel yarn out by Lion Brand
Originally released on 7/5/10
Well done with it for now… looks like sunny days are around the corner. Here’s a mini episode as promised in Episode 6.
Introduction & Sweater Quest
- Hamish MacBeth
- Aran Sweater Design – Janet Szabo
- Knitty Tutorials on Sleeve Construction Part I Part II
- Knitting Daily Tutorial on Capped Sleeves Part I Part II
- Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys & Arans – Gladys Thompson
- Alice Starmore’s Fishermen’s Sweaters-Thank you again to CharmingLochie (from Ravelry) for the correction on the pronunciation of Lochinver 🙂
- For Ravelry Members – Forum group Ganseys, Guernsey’s and Knit Frocks
- What is a Gansey? – Article from the BBC
- More on the History of the Gansey
Image of a Gusset from my “Two Week Raglan” made for my husband:
Crochet Chat (Book Review)
- Creating Crochet Fabric – Dora Ohrenstein
Originally released 11/09/09
We talk about Flock and Fiber and Crochet. Rachel confesses: she’s starting a yarn diet. Natalie remains silent, but she briefly shares her Fall Fashion obsession – Little Edie.
Sorry this one is so late. I had some issue with audio files getting corrupted. I had a bit of help reconstructing things and putting them together from my very knowledgeable husband.
- Amelia Sweater
- Wendy Bernard’s Flair
- Wakame Tunic
- Kirby’s Sweater – Photo TBA – right now Kirby is not cooperating to provide an optimal photo opportunity
- Cookie A’s Mona Socks
- Penny Dog Sweater
- Cafe du Monde Fingerless Mitts(kits) pattern
- Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival September 26-27
- Drumcliffe Farms (Jacob wool)
- Shady Oaks Shetlands (Her sheep were named after sweets/desserts)
- $3,000 Scarf
- Heifer Project
- Grey Gardens Website
- Edith Bouvier Beale
- Clover soft touch crochet hooks
- Laurel Hill wooden crochet hooks
- Denise Crochet Hooks