You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Felting’ category.
This one is all about Quick Christmas Gifts and the Regency Period.
Quick Christmas Gifts
On/Off the needles
This one is all about Shetland Sheep! I had a long conversation with Tracy & Tom of McTavish Shetlands.
- McTavish Shetlands Blog
- McTavish Shetlands Homepage
- Picasa Photo Album of photos from my trip. Apologies for some of the photos being blurry. I’m a podcaster not a photographer, Jim!
- More about Shetland sheep from Jamieson & Smith
- Oregon Wool – perfect place to buy local Oregon Fiber
- Illustrated History of Needlework Tools by Gay Ann Rodgers
- Knitting Sheaths & Belts at the Old and Interesting website
- Demo of how to knit with one hand (video). This is most likely how people used the knitting sheaths.
Music Featured: Ease on Down the Road
- Kiri Shawl (.pdf)
- Yarnbowl on Etsy (I think she has more)
- The Episode of Murder Most Horrid: We All Hate Granny. (she survives by wearing layers of knitted garments)- warning, the humor is slightly dark. I think you can find the episodes on YouTube.
- Tweed Beret
- Tweed Baby Blanket
- Addi cro-needle
- Pin for Ruffled & Ruched Scarf was from Briar Rose Fibers booth at Sock Summit
- French Press Felted Slippers
Music Featured this Episode:
- Market Bag Pattern
- My blog posts about Destashing, Ways to Get Rid of My Sock Yarn & Walking and Knitting
- History of Shoo Fly Pie
- Wool Pets
- Where I took my felting class: Naked Sheep. My very talented instructor and friend, Craig. I highly recommend his class. He’s a lovely instructor and person.
- Teaching our children how to be innovative – my blog post from my “other life.” (By the way… I can see the value of testing… I just question why we’ve let it become the driving force in our childrens’ education.)
- How to felt old sweaters (or failed projects)
- Again… I’m natknit & Rachel is RachelP (Ravelry links)
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org