You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Fiber’ category.
Calendar of Hope:
Job Hunting for Knitters & Crafters:
- Crafters searching for work group (Ravelry)
- Job Market group (Ravelry)
- Job Hunting Tricks for a Web 2.0 World
- Knitchat group on Ravelry
- Knitalong details (Yummy Mummy)
- How to use Google + Hangouts
- Google + Hangout Plug In
Scale Mitts & Hanging Out:
Kollage Yarn Review:
Scale Mitt in progress in Malabrigo Rios
This one is all about Shetland Sheep! I had a long conversation with Tracy & Tom of McTavish Shetlands.
- McTavish Shetlands Blog
- McTavish Shetlands Homepage
- Picasa Photo Album of photos from my trip. Apologies for some of the photos being blurry. I’m a podcaster not a photographer, Jim!
- More about Shetland sheep from Jamieson & Smith
- Oregon Wool – perfect place to buy local Oregon Fiber
- Illustrated History of Needlework Tools by Gay Ann Rodgers
- Knitting Sheaths & Belts at the Old and Interesting website
- Demo of how to knit with one hand (video). This is most likely how people used the knitting sheaths.
Music Featured: Ease on Down the Road
This is the one where I knit socks, socks and more socks… and try the Starmore sweater one more time!
Alice Starmore’s Lochinver
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene June 24-26
Black Sheep Bingo
Contest Thread – Help me figure out what to do with this yarn!
Information about the No Po informal walking tour (Ravelry) – I’ll be updating this more…
In this episode Natalie tells all about her day at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival as well as her spinning adventures during the month of April.
- Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival
- Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
- Tussah Silk
- Artfibers Tantra
- A Verb for Keeping Warm
- Duncan Fiber Enterprises
- Cherry Hill Alpacas
- Sincere Sheep
- Pico Accaurdi Dyeworks
- Falkland Wool
- Black Sheep Gathering
- Sock Summit
- Blue Faced Leicester
- Frabjous Fibers (didn’t purchase from the festival)
- Imperial Stock Ranch (fibers)
Sorry Explicit this time because I used the S-bomb…. but only once.
This one is all about art.
Music & Sound Featured:
- Istanbul – Ella Fitzgerald & Bing Crosby
- Classic Routine – Jack Benny and Mel Blanc
- Ooop Shoop – Gosprom
- La Cumparsita – Carlos Molina
Giant Knitting (Art):
FiberCamp Boston 2011:
- What is an Unconference?
- FiberCamp Homepage
- Ravelry Thread
- Session Page 2011 – you must request access to view.
Yarn Lust Confessions:
- The Illusionist – Animated Film (2010)
My Scrumble (Freeform Crochet)
If I Knew You were coming I’d have Baked a Cake – Gracie Fields
Bongo Ride – Jon Rauhouse
Beamish’s Goat – Folksong played by Doug Goodhart
I’m no Superman – Lazlo Bane
Rigamaroles & Ragamuffins – Elinor Kapp
Simple Times – Amy Sedaris
Barnyard in Your Backyard – Edited by Gail Damerow
- Kiri Shawl (.pdf)
- Yarnbowl on Etsy (I think she has more)
- The Episode of Murder Most Horrid: We All Hate Granny. (she survives by wearing layers of knitted garments)- warning, the humor is slightly dark. I think you can find the episodes on YouTube.
- Tweed Beret
- Tweed Baby Blanket
- Addi cro-needle
- Pin for Ruffled & Ruched Scarf was from Briar Rose Fibers booth at Sock Summit
- French Press Felted Slippers
Music Featured this Episode:
- Market Bag Pattern
- My blog posts about Destashing, Ways to Get Rid of My Sock Yarn & Walking and Knitting
- History of Shoo Fly Pie
- Wool Pets
- Where I took my felting class: Naked Sheep. My very talented instructor and friend, Craig. I highly recommend his class. He’s a lovely instructor and person.
- Teaching our children how to be innovative – my blog post from my “other life.” (By the way… I can see the value of testing… I just question why we’ve let it become the driving force in our childrens’ education.)
- How to felt old sweaters (or failed projects)
- Again… I’m natknit & Rachel is RachelP (Ravelry links)
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally released on 8/9/10
Just a note dear listener… This is Natalie. Thank you for bearing with my learning curve. I’ve been experimenting with changing the format and delivery of the podcast. As ever I and we appreciate any feedback you have to give. 🙂 email: email@example.com
De Show Notes:
- Aran Sweater Design – Janet Szabo
- Traditional Aran Kntting – by Shelagh (pronounced Shee- Lah) Hollingworth
- Harmony 220 Aran Stitch Patterns (sorry it was not the Harmony Guide to Knitting Cables) … blame my weary head.
Link to my blog post on the old grey sweater that like at the bottom of my “Bin of Shame/UFO’s.”
Crochet Book Review – Crochet So Fine – Krisitn Omdahl
- Six Lessons from Madam La Zonga – Jimmy Dorsey
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schon – Benny Goodman/Martha Tilton (1937 version)
- A Noisless Patient Spider by Emily Dickinson (reading by Peter Yearsley)
- Remember Melody – Torley ( from Solo 7)
- Spiderman – The Astroglides (from the Surf Guitar Compilation)
- A few days left to enter the contest to win Yarnia or handspun yarn in Episode 8
- I’m natknit and Rachel is RachelP on Ravelry
- I’m on Twitter – My handle is nlkilkenny
* There is another version of Stainless Steel yarn out by Lion Brand
- How Natalie used a spreadsheet to mock up a colorwork pattern*
- Mochimochi Land
- Floppy Bunny Toy – designed and crocheted by Natalie
- Stitch Diva Hairpin Lace & Knitted Earrings
- Knitty Knitted Earrings
- Owls Sweater
- Knitter’s Almanac (Elizabeth Zimmerman) – with December Raglan & February Baby Sweater
- No Idle Hands
- For washing –
- Sackboy from Little Big Planet – the most fabulous creative game in the world (this pattern is from the very talented Alan Dart – love his toys!)
- I Still Feel the Same About You – Ella Fitzgerald
- Brise Napolitaine – French Accordion
- De Pronto no Estás Tú (by Pacotiempo)
* I created graph paper in excel by sizing the rows and colums until I got a graph paper grid. If you don’t have access to MS Office products then you can easily create one using the spreadsheet feature in Google Docs. Rachel and I actually use Google Docs to collaborate on developing the ideas and outlines for this podcast.