You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Gifts’ category.
This one is all about Quick Christmas Gifts and the Regency Period.
Quick Christmas Gifts
On/Off the needles
This one gets us ready for the Holiday Knitting Effort.
Happy Knits & Melinda Vermeer:
- Happy Knits Onine
- Melinda Vermeer’s Website
- Melinda Vermeer’s Designs in Knit Picks IDP
- Melinda’s Ravelry Group
Holiday Knitting Tips:
- Koolhas Hat
- Turn a Square Hat
- Laundry soaps for knitted garments: Soak & Eucalan
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Comfy Cowl or Woobie
- Provisional Cast On (Crochet) Video
- Kitchner Stitch Video
- Debbie Bliss Paloma
Halloween 2011. That’s me in the red deer mask in the back. Sorry the photo of the Owls sweater isn’t that sharp. The Halloween Party Bus theme this year was Red Devils.
Winter is here or in the Pacific Northwest we call it Wetter. I might as well call this one the Burl Ives Classic Episode, but I was have a pastblast of Christmas media the night before I recorded this.
- ChartGen – knitting chart generator
- Vogue Knitting Holiday 2010 (cover & fashion preview)
- Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Percentage System (from Wikipedia)
- Rarest Breed Sheep
- Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber Forum (on Ravelry) I’ll be posting the Softness Debate thread there.
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (from Crochet Spot… see I told you it looks like knitting)
- Lily Chin’s Couture Crochet Workshop – a great book that walks you through advanced shaping techniques in crochet. Yes, you can make nice looking fitted garments with crochet.)
- Island of Misfit Toys (Burl Ives and others)
- Typewriter Song (?)
- Marshmallow World (Brenda Lee)
- Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy (Tchaikovsky)
- You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch (Burl Ives)
- Put One Foot in Front of the Other (Burl Ives & Mickey Rooney)
- Kiri Shawl (.pdf)
- Yarnbowl on Etsy (I think she has more)
- The Episode of Murder Most Horrid: We All Hate Granny. (she survives by wearing layers of knitted garments)- warning, the humor is slightly dark. I think you can find the episodes on YouTube.
- Tweed Beret
- Tweed Baby Blanket
- Addi cro-needle
- Pin for Ruffled & Ruched Scarf was from Briar Rose Fibers booth at Sock Summit
- French Press Felted Slippers
Music Featured this Episode: