You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘#knitchat’ category.
Calendar of Hope:
Job Hunting for Knitters & Crafters:
- Crafters searching for work group (Ravelry)
- Job Market group (Ravelry)
- Job Hunting Tricks for a Web 2.0 World
- Knitchat group on Ravelry
- Knitalong details (Yummy Mummy)
- How to use Google + Hangouts
- Google + Hangout Plug In
Scale Mitts & Hanging Out:
Kollage Yarn Review:
Scale Mitt in progress in Malabrigo Rios
This is our first chance to chat with each other via a #knitchat on Twitter and I’m looking forward to it. Everyone grab a cup of tea and a pastry, biscuit or cake. Since this the first UK/US knitchat I thought we’d keep the discussion fairly simple and focus mainly on introductions and what we’re excited about learning (knitting-wise).
Please note I’m toying with the idea of hosting a Google Hangout instead of a Twitter chat in the same time slot (Saturday 8:00 AM PST) either the end of December or the beginning of January. If you are interested in participating in this or any other Twitter chats please follow me on Twitter. I am @cloudynatknit.
If you need a primer on how #knitchat works on Twitter please refer to the “DETAILS… DETAILS” section below. I’m not sure how many folks will join but there are a lot of folks the stream of tweets could get fast. It’s okay. Sometimes even I cannot keep up, but I do read the tweets the following day using Storify or http://hashtags.org/knitchat
#knitchat discussion questions:
Q1) Introductions: Name, Location, Ravelry ID (or nickname), Website, blog, podcast, etc.
Q2) What’s currently on your needles or hook right now?
Q3) What are you excited about learning (knitting-wise)? Anything you’d like to master?
DETAILS… DETAILS… If you want to know more about what #knitchat is and how it works
- Where: Twitter (follow the #knitchat hashtag)
- When: UK/US – December 10, 2011 – Saturday 8:00 AM PST / 4:00 PM London time.
- Who: Me you and other Twitter Knitters/Crocheters & Fiber-crafters
- How: Need a primer on Twitter Chat… check this out: What does this Twitter chat thing look like?
- How: to post photos – 5 ways to share photos on Twitter
- How: to shorten your links. Simply paste your link into the field in http://bit.ly/ and shorten it. Copy and paste this link into the twitter feed. Some Twitter aps actually automatically shorten the links for you.
This one gets us ready for the Holiday Knitting Effort.
Happy Knits & Melinda Vermeer:
- Happy Knits Onine
- Melinda Vermeer’s Website
- Melinda Vermeer’s Designs in Knit Picks IDP
- Melinda’s Ravelry Group
Holiday Knitting Tips:
- Koolhas Hat
- Turn a Square Hat
- Laundry soaps for knitted garments: Soak & Eucalan
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Comfy Cowl or Woobie
- Provisional Cast On (Crochet) Video
- Kitchner Stitch Video
- Debbie Bliss Paloma
Halloween 2011. That’s me in the red deer mask in the back. Sorry the photo of the Owls sweater isn’t that sharp. The Halloween Party Bus theme this year was Red Devils.
Report out from 2011’s Blacksheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon. I find the wheel of my dreams. A little about our lovely national holiday and knitting during the American Revolutionary War.
Bugle Rag Call – Glen Miller
McTavish Farms (Contact Tom for more info on McTavish Wheelworks and his fabulous spinning wheels)
Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
StitchJones (On Etsy)
Dudelace Group on Ravelry
Good Reads Book List on US History
No Idle Hands
Monmouth Hat Pattern
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
This is the one where I knit socks, socks and more socks… and try the Starmore sweater one more time!
Alice Starmore’s Lochinver
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene June 24-26
Black Sheep Bingo
Contest Thread – Help me figure out what to do with this yarn!
Information about the No Po informal walking tour (Ravelry) – I’ll be updating this more…
Yarns on the left are some of my handdyed sockyarns
This one is all about finishing by blocking and getting ready for the Sock Summit.
Show note links:
- Sublime Mandarin (Actually I messed up the version with the sleeves is called Siam)
- Sock Summit site
- Sock Summit group/forums on Ravelry
- Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways for Sock Knitters- Book I.
- All the lovely places on No Po’s Mississippi Avenue
- The official Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber group in Ravelry
- Painted Turtle Afghan
- BUHBYE’s Tropical Fruit Punch Afghan
- PuffyGriffinClaw’s Wine and Cashmere
- How to participate in a #knitchat
- Knitting with ramen noodles
- Make1Inc (Vashte’s) pattern website.
Contest: Help me find a way to use this yarn. Post your suggestions at the Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber forum in Ravelry