You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘LYS’ category.
More on knitting history and a new small business that helps other small businesses (including Local Yarn Stores (LYSs)) thrive.
- Lanesplitter Skirt
- Poems Yarn
- Fibre Company Canopy Yarn
- The Naked Sheep Knit Shop
- Article: Ravelry Beats Facebook
- Happy Knits (website)
- Happy Knits (raverly group)
- Ravelry Group on Sock Summit
- Little Red in the City
- Knitting America
- Monmouth Cap
- Short History of the Monmouth Cap
- Ryeland Sheep
- Donna Druchunas
- Arctic Lace
- Successful Lace Knitting
- Oregon Live Knitting Blog
- Sock Summit Walking Tour Thread (Ravelry)
- Map to Happy Knits
Correction: I mentioned the Inuit people in referencing the “Arctic Lace” book. This is incorrect as the book covers the traditions of the Native or Indigenous Peoples of Alaska. Inuit actually refers to the Northern Native Peoples in Canada & Greenland.
Lanesplitter Skirt Panel
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
So I did fall off wagon. But I am valiantly getting back on and starting all over again.
- Shetland Trader – Gudrun Johnston
- Quince and Company (yarns)
- Persistent Illusion PDX LYS Map: You can find links to all the yarn stores mentioned in this podcast on this site. Thank you, Judy Becker, for putting this together for us.
- Alpaca Lace:
- Yarnia Charrierana yarn
- Yarnia Video
- Urban Fiber Arts
- Stitchjones gorgeous and color-popping yarns and fiber
- Cropped Crochet Cardigan
- #knitchat details….
- Bettna Jacket (posted by KnitnRide on Flickr)
- Knitting Pure and Simple Hoodie
- Leyfi Pullover by Rosemary Hill
- Lana Seta -Ooops I said…Lana Seta (Ravelry Link)
Photo from the Morguefile: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/214462