You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Podcast’ category.
Calendar of Hope:
Job Hunting for Knitters & Crafters:
- Crafters searching for work group (Ravelry)
- Job Market group (Ravelry)
- Job Hunting Tricks for a Web 2.0 World
- Knitchat group on Ravelry
- Knitalong details (Yummy Mummy)
- How to use Google + Hangouts
- Google + Hangout Plug In
Scale Mitts & Hanging Out:
Kollage Yarn Review:
Scale Mitt in progress in Malabrigo Rios
This one is all about Quick Christmas Gifts and the Regency Period.
Quick Christmas Gifts
On/Off the needles
Yes, we’re planning to dive back into sweater knitting because, after all, it is Fall!
On/Off the Needles:
- Ananke (Ravelry link)
- Toe up Socks for Every Body
- Pembroke Vest
- Morningside Neckwarmwer
- Light as a Feather Smoke Ring (Ravelry link)
- Gail aka nightsong
- Sierra Lace Cardigan
- Sublime Extra Fine Luxurious Merino
- Riveting (Kollage yarn)
Google + Database:
- Carmen Miranda – “Tico Tico”
- Zero Suspiro – “Conversatione”
- Xavier Cugat – “Papa Loves Mambo”
It’s all about the Sock Summit 2011, but it’s not just about knitting socks. Sock Summit was one heck of a big party for knitters, spinners and fiber enthusiasts.
Rachel & Natale talk at the sock summit
- Sock Summit
- Craft Lit Podcast
- Petite Purls
- Sweet Georgia Yarns Pomegranate
- Sierra Summer Lace Cardigan Wrap (PDF)
- World’s Largest Sock
- Portland Yarn Store List
Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Director Park Downtown Portland OR
- Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Shop Sweet Georgia Yarns
- Sweet Georgia’s Ravelry Group
- Felecia’s Twitter ID: @HeySweetGeorgia
About Knitting & Spinning with Silk Hankies
Bethany Hendrickson and Fleece to Foot
PurpleYarnQueen’s hand spun sock yarn in all it’s purple glory!
Me waiting in the sun by the Bell before the No Po walking trek
The long line during the opening day of the Marketplace
This is phase 1 of our shift to a new webpage for our show notes. This site will undoubtedly undergo even more changes. Honestly, I got tired of looking at the generic libsyn.com webpage and finally found some time to recreate the site.
Report out from 2011’s Blacksheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon. I find the wheel of my dreams. A little about our lovely national holiday and knitting during the American Revolutionary War.
Bugle Rag Call – Glen Miller
McTavish Farms (Contact Tom for more info on McTavish Wheelworks and his fabulous spinning wheels)
Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
StitchJones (On Etsy)
Dudelace Group on Ravelry
Good Reads Book List on US History
No Idle Hands
Monmouth Hat Pattern
- There’s a bit about a hike in the woods and knitting socks in nature
- Something about lace for dudes.
- Mention of podcasts I love from across the pond.
- and the continuation of the sock saga.
- Erosional Chimney
- Seabuckthorn Plant (WIkipedia)
- Sea Berry Plant (One Green World Catalog)
- Exploring Shimada’s Sock Class (Class is taught by Gayle Roehm)
- Purl District in Silverton, OR
- Knitting Thimble
- Dudelace Group on Ravelry
- Sock Summit Group on Ravelry
- I Am Addicted (Natalie’s Blog)
- Natknit Daily
- On twitter you can find me as: @Cloudynatknit
Other Tutorials and Support
Sock Pattern Links
Shake that Little Foot – Lark in the Clean Air
This is the one where I knit socks, socks and more socks… and try the Starmore sweater one more time!
Alice Starmore’s Lochinver
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene June 24-26
Black Sheep Bingo
Contest Thread – Help me figure out what to do with this yarn!
Information about the No Po informal walking tour (Ravelry) – I’ll be updating this more…
Yarns on the left are some of my handdyed sockyarns
This one is all about finishing by blocking and getting ready for the Sock Summit.
Show note links:
- Sublime Mandarin (Actually I messed up the version with the sleeves is called Siam)
- Sock Summit site
- Sock Summit group/forums on Ravelry
- Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways for Sock Knitters- Book I.
- All the lovely places on No Po’s Mississippi Avenue
- The official Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber group in Ravelry
- Painted Turtle Afghan
- BUHBYE’s Tropical Fruit Punch Afghan
- PuffyGriffinClaw’s Wine and Cashmere
- How to participate in a #knitchat
- Knitting with ramen noodles
- Make1Inc (Vashte’s) pattern website.
Contest: Help me find a way to use this yarn. Post your suggestions at the Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber forum in Ravelry
In this episode Natalie tells all about her day at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival as well as her spinning adventures during the month of April.
- Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival
- Dicentra Designs on Etsy / On Ravelry
- Tussah Silk
- Artfibers Tantra
- A Verb for Keeping Warm
- Duncan Fiber Enterprises
- Cherry Hill Alpacas
- Sincere Sheep
- Pico Accaurdi Dyeworks
- Falkland Wool
- Black Sheep Gathering
- Sock Summit
- Blue Faced Leicester
- Frabjous Fibers (didn’t purchase from the festival)
- Imperial Stock Ranch (fibers)