You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Ravelry’ category.
This one gets us ready for the Holiday Knitting Effort.
Happy Knits & Melinda Vermeer:
- Happy Knits Onine
- Melinda Vermeer’s Website
- Melinda Vermeer’s Designs in Knit Picks IDP
- Melinda’s Ravelry Group
Holiday Knitting Tips:
- Koolhas Hat
- Turn a Square Hat
- Laundry soaps for knitted garments: Soak & Eucalan
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Comfy Cowl or Woobie
- Provisional Cast On (Crochet) Video
- Kitchner Stitch Video
- Debbie Bliss Paloma
Halloween 2011. That’s me in the red deer mask in the back. Sorry the photo of the Owls sweater isn’t that sharp. The Halloween Party Bus theme this year was Red Devils.
Yarns on the left are some of my handdyed sockyarns
This one is all about finishing by blocking and getting ready for the Sock Summit.
Show note links:
- Sublime Mandarin (Actually I messed up the version with the sleeves is called Siam)
- Sock Summit site
- Sock Summit group/forums on Ravelry
- Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways for Sock Knitters- Book I.
- All the lovely places on No Po’s Mississippi Avenue
- The official Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber group in Ravelry
- Painted Turtle Afghan
- BUHBYE’s Tropical Fruit Punch Afghan
- PuffyGriffinClaw’s Wine and Cashmere
- How to participate in a #knitchat
- Knitting with ramen noodles
- Make1Inc (Vashte’s) pattern website.
Contest: Help me find a way to use this yarn. Post your suggestions at the Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber forum in Ravelry
Sorry Explicit this time because I used the S-bomb…. but only once.
This one is all about art.
Music & Sound Featured:
- Istanbul – Ella Fitzgerald & Bing Crosby
- Classic Routine – Jack Benny and Mel Blanc
- Ooop Shoop – Gosprom
- La Cumparsita – Carlos Molina
Giant Knitting (Art):
FiberCamp Boston 2011:
- What is an Unconference?
- FiberCamp Homepage
- Ravelry Thread
- Session Page 2011 – you must request access to view.
Yarn Lust Confessions:
- The Illusionist – Animated Film (2010)
My Scrumble (Freeform Crochet)
- Serviceable Sweater in Handbook of Wool & Knitting (via the Project Gutenberg)
- Elsebeth Lavold’s Book 21 – Cityescapes (Ravelry link)
- Elsebeth Lavold’s Book 21 (Link)
- Silky Wool XL
- 113-17 Jacket with Raglan Sleeves and Pattern on Yoke (Link to pattern)
- 113-17 Jacket with Raglan Sleeves and Pattern on Yoke (Ravelry page)
- Knitting without Tears – Elizabeth Zimmerman
- Custom Knits – Wendy Bernard
- Toy Knitting Machine Example – OMG that looks like a muppet worm is coming out of that machine. Eyelash…. I shudder
In this episode Natalie talks about knitting for sewing. She also shares some antique knitting treasures and has found the perfect yarn for heirloom aran knitting.
Knitting Books from the past (long ago):
- Project Gutenberg
- Beeton’s Book of Needlework
- Handbook of Wool Knitting and Crochet
- The Ladies Work-Table Book
- My Knitting Book – Miss Lambert
- Exercises in Knitting
- The Ladies Workbook
- Ghost Stories of an Antiquary – available at Librivox.org or the Internet Archive
- Crochet Me – crochet community
Knitting my way out of my stash:
- Add your stashbusting ideas at the Stashbusting Project Form
- View the ideas submitted including your own in the Stashbusting Spreadsheet
- Getting started with Google Docs
- Digital Inspiration Google Docs Guide
- Our very own Ravelry group
- Naked Sheep Class Schedule
- Natalie’s Blog- I am Addicted / Rachel’s Blog – Pen and Notebook
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally released on 7/5/10
Well done with it for now… looks like sunny days are around the corner. Here’s a mini episode as promised in Episode 6.
Introduction & Sweater Quest
- Hamish MacBeth
- Aran Sweater Design – Janet Szabo
- Knitty Tutorials on Sleeve Construction Part I Part II
- Knitting Daily Tutorial on Capped Sleeves Part I Part II
- Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys & Arans – Gladys Thompson
- Alice Starmore’s Fishermen’s Sweaters-Thank you again to CharmingLochie (from Ravelry) for the correction on the pronunciation of Lochinver 🙂
- For Ravelry Members – Forum group Ganseys, Guernsey’s and Knit Frocks
- What is a Gansey? – Article from the BBC
- More on the History of the Gansey
Image of a Gusset from my “Two Week Raglan” made for my husband:
Crochet Chat (Book Review)
- Creating Crochet Fabric – Dora Ohrenstein