You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Sewing’ category.
Yarns on the left are some of my handdyed sockyarns
This one is all about finishing by blocking and getting ready for the Sock Summit.
Show note links:
- Sublime Mandarin (Actually I messed up the version with the sleeves is called Siam)
- Sock Summit site
- Sock Summit group/forums on Ravelry
- Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways for Sock Knitters- Book I.
- All the lovely places on No Po’s Mississippi Avenue
- The official Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber group in Ravelry
- Painted Turtle Afghan
- BUHBYE’s Tropical Fruit Punch Afghan
- PuffyGriffinClaw’s Wine and Cashmere
- How to participate in a #knitchat
- Knitting with ramen noodles
- Make1Inc (Vashte’s) pattern website.
Contest: Help me find a way to use this yarn. Post your suggestions at the Cloudy with a Chance of Fiber forum in Ravelry
In this episode Natalie talks about knitting for sewing. She also shares some antique knitting treasures and has found the perfect yarn for heirloom aran knitting.
Knitting Books from the past (long ago):
- Project Gutenberg
- Beeton’s Book of Needlework
- Handbook of Wool Knitting and Crochet
- The Ladies Work-Table Book
- My Knitting Book – Miss Lambert
- Exercises in Knitting
- The Ladies Workbook
- Ghost Stories of an Antiquary – available at Librivox.org or the Internet Archive
- Crochet Me – crochet community
Knitting my way out of my stash:
- Add your stashbusting ideas at the Stashbusting Project Form
- View the ideas submitted including your own in the Stashbusting Spreadsheet
- Getting started with Google Docs
- Digital Inspiration Google Docs Guide
- Our very own Ravelry group
- Naked Sheep Class Schedule
- Natalie’s Blog- I am Addicted / Rachel’s Blog – Pen and Notebook
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org